Monday, May 23, 2011

Day One at Braben PR (elle)

I am interning for a PR company called Braben. They do PR for media, entertainment, sports, brand licensing, etc. Today was my first day and I loved it. I got to work 15 minutes early and sat in a precious park beside our building. It was a really pleasant start to ze day! I didn't have that many tasks yet, but I think it's because they were letting me get acclimated.

The office is one decently sized room with like 10ish desks and 10ish people working. I have my own desk with two computer screens that my mouse can go back and forth between. For the first couple of hours I researched the company and past campaigns they worked on. I read through emails with clients and got a feel for how everything worked. At one point, everyone went into a meeting and I was left to man the phone. I was sweating because I was nervous someone would call. Luckily, they didn't haha. I have to get over that fear asap.

My one mistake was never eating lunch because I was too shy/nervous. It was the WORST decision. I was famished from 11 to 5:30.

I sat in on "my teams" meeting to hear about the progress with each of our clients. That lasts a couple of hours. Then I did some work on excel then I was free to go. It doesn't sound like much but I liked being able to get used to the atmosphere. I am exhausted though!! Kara's birthday is today, so after work Brittain ran around getting things together for her! I hope she had a great day. I'm sure she will blog about it later.

Sleep timeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment