Friday, May 20, 2011

the days are slowly running together.

So far the food has been phenomenal. I even tried Lebanese food today. The food is fresh, healthy, and smaller portions. I don't know why people say it's not good here...


The shopping is amazing too. We went to topshop and I totally understand why people are obsessed. I got a glamorous trenchcoat there! There was huge fishbowl filled with these tiny fish and women were putting there feet in it to clean them!! It was cool at first then I realized how freaked out I was. It was definitely disgusting haha.


We saw some big monuments like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Hyde Park, Speaker's Corner, Kensington Garden, Princess Diana's monument etc. I think we have mastered the tube. I do think we stand out like sore thumbs still though.


Today, Chandler came to visit and we went to Harrods to do a scavenger hunt. Harrods is outrageous. It's a fancyyy fancy department store. My favorite places were the Toy Kingdom (where this man performed magic tricks for us) and the Pet Kingdom. I want to take Boomer to the pet kingdom. They had everything from dog bowls to doggy treadmills to spa treatments for dogs. I'm being completely serious. After three hours exploring Harrods, we got some Lebanese food and ate it in Hyde Park. As we were walking to the tube station, the best thing in the world happened to me. I saw a sign advertising the UEFA Champions League Finals. Then I saw more and more advertisments and what looked like a festival being set up. Yes, starting tomorrow until the Final game (Barca vs. Manchester United) there will be a festival celebrating soccer, both teams, etc. Tomorrow actual players will be there!!! Chandler said it was like a Christmas morning moment for me haha.

love,
elle



No comments:

Post a Comment